Saturday, January 13, 2007

Living La Vida Blizzard

This part of Canada's prairie provinces just got nailed by an old fashioned blizzard. I haven't seen one since this harsh since the winter of 68-69. It hit Wednesday and I only got out Saturday. I was a literal prisoner of the Great White North.The wife and daughter walked to the road and got a ride to town. I'm stuck out here with the dog and cat and they're no fun.One of my water pipes is still frozen and my demanding cat Misha wants to drink from the tap as per usual. Her incessant meowing is most annoying so I bribe her with the last of the milk. My kind neighbour eventually comes and uses his coveted snowblower to set the van free.I had every good intention of starting this blog business earlier but it often takes a crisis for most of us to make things happen.
Three people died as a direct result of this storm. Dozens of cars went in the ditches and people had to be rescued by snowmobile in some cases. Speaking of snowmobiles this is the main reason I wanted to write this blog but like so many things in my life it appears headed in another direction.

No comments: